mercredi 20 mai 2015

Automatically delegating all methods of a java class

Say I have a class with many of public methods:

public class MyClass {

    public void method1() {}
    public void method2() {}
    (...)
    public void methodN() {}

}

Now I would like to create a wrapper class which would delegate all the methods to wrapped instance (delegate):

public class WrapperClass extends MyClass  {
    private final MyClass delegate;

    public WrapperClass(MyClass delegate) {
        this.delagate = delegate;
    }

    public void method1() { delegate.method1(); }
    public void method2() { delegate.method2(); }
    (...)
    public void methodN() { delegate.methodN(); }

}

Now if MyClass has a lot of methods I would need to override each of them which is more or less the same code which just "delegates". I was wondering if it is possible to do some magic to automatically call a method in Java (so the Wrapper class would need to say "Hey if you call a method on me just go to delegate object and call this method on it).

BTW: I can not use inheritance because the delegate is not under my control.I just get its instance from elsewhere (another case would be if MyClass was final).

NOTE: I do not want IDE generation. I know I can do it with help of IntelliJ/Eclipse, but I'm curious if this can be done in code.

Any suggestions how to achieve something like this? (NOTE: I would probably be able to do it in some scripting languages like php where I could use php magic functions to intercept the call).





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire