vendredi 19 juin 2020

Difference between GetEntryAssembly and GetExecutingAssembly

I've read docs for GetEntryAssembly and GetExecutingAssembly trying to make sense of the difference between them. I simply fail to understand how the definitions relate to each other. Altough I see two different formulations, I can't understand the distinction implied. In my head, it's a potayto-potahto situation, which is reinforced by the same contents on my screen when I try to display the values of each returned Assemby object.

Naturally, there must be some difference and it's simply my comeptense that prevents me from realizing what it is. So I've done some research, only discovering that most of the wisdom out there is about obtaining the path. The lonely resource that was explictly targetting the comparison between them was a dead link.

Can I ask for a specific example where those two methods return objects the contents of which differ? Preferably with a brief explanation of why.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire