jeudi 11 juin 2020

How to get the declaring class / trait using Scala reflection?

Using Java reflection, I can make:

MyObject
  .getClass
  .getMethods
  .map(_.getDeclaringClass())

For each method declared in the Object MyObject, I will get the declaring class of that method / value - what I'm interest here is, specifically, in telling whether those methods / values are being declared by MyObject or not.

That said, I don't want to use Java reflection (because, among other things, I lose Scala features in the process - for instance, getMethods will return both methods and values, because the way values are represented in Java). How can I achieve the same with Scala reflection? This is what I've got so far:

val ru = scala.reflect.runtime.universe
val currentMirror = scala.reflect.runtime.currentMirror
val instanceMirror = currentMirror.reflect(MyObject)
val moduleSymbol = currentMirror.moduleSymbol(MyObject.getClass)

val methodSymbols =  moduleSymbol
  .info
  .members
  .map(_.asMethod)

methodSymbols
  .map(_.getDeclaringClassInScala) // ???????

Of course, the last line won't work. I tried to browse the docs, to no avail. Any help appreciated.

EDIT: just to clarify, the question has been written in a more generic way in order to help more people. My use case, in particular, is filtering all the methods that have been declared directly by MyObject, instead of inherited by whatever other module or class.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire