lundi 13 août 2018

Reflection performance on Xamarin

I have seen this and many similar posts and blogs across the net saying reflection performance penalty isn't noticeable. I also have seen posts like this one claiming (rightfully in my mind) that reflection is extra code running impacting performance noticeably. Let's imagine for a moment that you can write code that is cleaner using reflection or a bit longer and more complex code without it. Which one would you choose?

This is the question in my mind. As a particular example I'm talking about O/RM, MVVM helper and IoC containers that use reflection.

Should I use Prism for example? That makes the code much cleaner but uses A LOT of reflection or not?

And last but not least is the performance of reflection any different in Xamarin and mobile platforms in contrast with desktop and native Windows platforms?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire